Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not the case today

It used to be, that a man would respect a woman enough not to use foul language in her presence, or in a conversation with her, but that is not the case today.
It used to be, that a woman wouldn't dare use foul language in her speech, but that is not the case today.
Many guys don't treat girls like ladies, and the girls don't ask for them to. They make up excuses, and say that's just the way guys are. Well that's not true, we all have a choice in how we behave.
Now don't get mad at me for being preachy, I'm just writing what is on my heart.
What happened to the respect people used to have for God? Church used to be a priority; Sunday was the Lord's day, not just a day to sleep a little longer. I'm not saying that everyone who goes to church is a Christian, but it saddens me that most people don't even give God a second thought.
Where is the loyalty that used to be between friends? Some of you may remember David and Jonathan, and how they cared about and loved each other. Friends now back-stab, gossip, betray, lie, and hurt one another. Friends are supposed to be those people who love you. Who are trustworthy, and are there to lend that extra hand. Who care enough about you, to gently tell you when they see you going down the wrong path.
Families are being torn apart. Children should not be divided between two homes. Problems will come, but if parents give up and separate, they are showing their children that marriage is not worth fighting for. That if you get tired, you can give up and start over.
Christians, will we resolve to let God work though us and change what our world has become? We are not better than others, we have just given up control, and now let God direct our paths.
I will resolve, I will let God use me. I may stumble and fall at times, but God will pick me up and use me again. I will not be typical. God will take my fear, and be my shield. I may be uncertain at times, but I have confidence in my Savior, and will stand strong for Him.
Things are changing everyday, but God can use us to see that things change in a good way; change so that people would have a heart once more for Him.

1 comment: